Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lord, help me!

WWW.FOODNETWORK.COM
I can't stop watching this channel!!! I have NO idea what the proper definition of a "foodie" is, but if it means you would watch this channel ALL the time and virtuously nothing else, then I definitely meet the criteria.

As a matter of fact, just now when I typed the word "meet" in the previous sentence, I first typed "m-e-a-t" and not "m-e-e-t". See what I mean? Scary.

I do want you to know that I'm not just a couch potato watching-watching-watching. I am LEARNING too! I can say I have learned more about cooking, baking, ingredients, food-prep, etc. by watching The Food Network cooking shows than I have EVER known before. (I don't really get into the competition shows though) I have learned about ingredients that I never in a million Buzz Lightyears would have ever tried before. Oops!....sorry about that. We have recently traded in our son, Hudson, for Buzz Lightyear and we are in Toy Story mode at all times. Anywho, I don't just watch and learn, I have also put lots of my new-found knowledge to good use in the kitchen. And Greg says it shows!! :)

Gotta run, Barefoot Contessa is starting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment