Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's For Dinner:

Tried a new recipe tonight and all I can say is YUMMMMMMY!!! 
Here's the link to the recipe:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sharshs-white-bean-chicken-chili-recipe/index.html

I followed it exactly, except I did not add the jalapeno and I roasted the tomatillos, 1 of the three onions and 2 cloves of garlic in the oven before putting it in the food processer. (375 for about 15-20 mins)
I also substituted Cumin for the "other" chili powder that the recipe called for...(I couldn't find it in the store)


Garnishes..Mmmmm


If you are looking for an easy, but just a tad bit time consuming with the charring/steaming/peeling of the poblanos recipe, this is the PERFECT chili to shake things up a bit during this "Arctic Blast".
Oh!  And I made a little cornbread to sop it up with....extra yummy!   ENJOY!

UPDATE:  So once I thought about it for a minute, I realized how HEALTHY this soup is!  There is literally no fat in this besides the olive oil I used to saute the veggies in.  I had leftovers for lunch today and it was just as fabulous...and there was no fat "floating" on top of the soup.  AWESOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment