Thursday, March 11, 2010

Addictions:

As some of you may or may not know, I have some struggles with addictions.  None that are particularly harmful to my health--mostly just my bank balance.  :)  We'll get into more detail about this later, but for now, I have an addiction/confession to tell you....

Hello - My name is Callie and I am addicted to EVOO, Garlic, Lemon, and healthy noodles.
I have been whipping up this little concoction for lunch lately and I am just WILD about it.  I have fallen madly in love with Barilla "Plus" AND Ronzoni Healthy Harvest whole wheat noodles.  I just boil these in a little bit of salted water and then toss them with the Magical Mixture

Here it is:
EVOO - about a TBS or so
Garlic - 1 clove, just smashed or grated
Lemon - juice from 1/2 of a fresh lemon
Salt/Pepper just to season everything
Noodles - how ever much will make your heart happy and your tummy satisfied
Cheese - this is strictly for added pleasure, but if you have any freshly grated Parmesan on hand, it will just blow you away how delicious it is in this dish

I heat the EVOO, garlic, lemon, S/P to "marry" all the flavors while the noodles are cooking.  Once the noodles are finished, just drain them and dump them into the Magical Mixture.  Add cheese if you please and ENJOY!

Today I had a leftover grilled chicken breast and heated it up as well, cut it up and threw it in with the noodles. 
All I can say is Y-U-M-M-Y!  Here's what it looked like:



Give it a try sometime....but, don't say I didn't warn you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment