Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Morning Milestone!

So, as some of you may know, my little man is somewhat of a super-duper picky eater.  As much as I know it "won't last forever" and he WILL someday eat more than just pizza, chicken and fish sticks....it still weighs heavy on my heart and I truly long for him to find new things to eat.

Well....today was a GOOD day in that department.  The other day he mentioned something about eating eggs (which he NEVER eats) and as surprised as I was, I really didn't pay a whole lot of attention thinking he just saw something on TV or something about eggs and "thought" that he wanted them.  Then, this morning he said it again!!....So, as fast I could I asked him if he wanted to make "Eggs in the Nest" with me and he, very excitedly said "YES!".  

I made each of us an egg and nest hoping that if I was eating it as well, it would help keep him committed to the task at hand.  Guess what??....HE ATE IT!!!  And, he wanted another one when he finished the first!  So, of course, I made another and he ate about 1/3 of it. 

I know it may seem small and silly, but this was a GREAT way to start my day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment